Home Property Management
Home Monitor’s home property management services consists of regularly scheduled inspections of both the interior and exterior of your home while you are away. We have a detailed checklist we follow as we inspect your home, making detailed comments as necessary. We will report all findings to you by email following each visit. We will be looking to make sure your home is secure and you are not having issues with items such as vandalism, water leaks, plumbing, electrical, air conditioning, animal or bug infestations, storm damage and a variety of other concerns. If any of these occur, we will contact you immediately and get the issue resolved.
We are affiliated with our sister company TKS Solutions. TKS Solutions is a residential General Contracting and Landscaping company. If there are any issues, they would be willing to give you an estimate.
You can leave your home knowing that we are equipped to handle all situations and will be your advocate while you are away.
The Importance of Home Management
Home management services are important because we watch over your home -your investment- while you are away. If something happens, we will handle the issue for you.
We have been contacted by homeowners who were not currently clients stating they were informed by their neighbors “Water has been running out of your garage for several days now.” We arrived there finding a completely flooded sunk-in living room, mold in the walls, hardwood flooring destroyed, cabinets ruined and damage everywhere. If only they had already been our client, this disaster could have been prevented or at least the extent of damage could have been considerably less.
We took care of it all for them and now we have had a great relationship with these clients for years.
Home Management Services
Before you leave your home, we meet with you at your house to go through the process of the professional home management services that we provide for you. We walk through your property with you, and discuss exit prep and maintenance specifications while you are away. We make note of how you would like to have the property maintained including pest control and any specific instructions for items such as cars, golf carts, and pools.
We can also be your concierge in retrieving mail, papers, and supervising during the delivery of packages and large items such as furniture or decorative installations while you are away.
Arrival Preparations Process
Contact us before your arrival back home and we will give the house a fresh cleaning, re-acclimate the home, and get the house where it needs to be so that when you arrive, it is though you are walking into a resort again.
All Walk Through inspections include
- Walk perimeter of your home for general security.
- Check for water or storm damage.
- Check for signs of vandalism or trespassing.
- Check for visible irrigation leaks, distressed plants and weeds.
- Check that irrigation timer has power.
- Remove any literature from front doorways and driveways.
- Check that pool/spa is being maintained.
- Ensure that landscape lighting and exterior coach lights are operational.
- Inspect for proper water flow at condensation lines from HVAC system.
- Ensure all HOA requirements are being met.
- Check all doors and windows to ensure all are locked and secure.
- Check for unwanted pests.
- Run all faucets.
- Flush all toilets.
- Run dishwasher and garbage disposal.
- Check temperature for refrigerator and freezer.
- Run washing machine.
- Check water heater and softener for leaks.
- Check thermostat for proper operation and setting.
- Check air filters and change when needed.
- Start golf cart and automobiles to help keep batteries charged and engines running smoothly.
- Add salt to water softeners as needed.
- Refill water evaporation buckets as needed.
With the help of our sister company TKS Solutions we are able to offer a variety of additional services:
- Contractor Estimates
- Contractor Services
- Pool Services Monthly
- Pest Control Services
- Landscape Maintenance
- House Cleaning
- Climate Control
- Minor Repairs
- Preventative Maintenance
- … and More!